Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 1

So today has gone well. I have found myself so busy with concentrating on what to eat and when as well as writing down every little thing in order to track the calories and other nutritional info that I've barely found time to just sit and browse today. My email has been BLOWN UP! I have clicked and followed all the other challengers who have emailed me. Finding time to read it all is another story!

Inputting all my gathered info into myfitnesspal.com my totals for today are:
Cals: 1,095
Carbs: 156 g
Fat: 24 g
Prot: 51 g

I took a multivitamin, B-complex, Calcium/Magnesium, and CLA supplement this morning prior to breakfast.

So far I have had 48 oz water....still a long way from complete. When my hubby gets off work and gets home he will keep the little one and I will be leaving for the gym.

I have to say that I think the salad made as per directed is nasty! Anyone ever try the cabbage soup diet? The salad tastes just like the soup. I am a cuccumber, tomatoes, olives, and onions kinda girl. Not a cabbage, celery, bell peppers kinda girl! But, I ate it....slightly begrudgingly! hahaha!

The menu while specific to the foods we are to eat was vague in the exactness of those foods. By this I mean: there wasn't any specification as to whether butter should be real butter or lower calorie margerine type butters. Or whether all of the bread products should be whole grain (some certain items said whole wheat, others didn't). Anyway, I asked Allan a ton of questions and basically if you stick to the list it doesn't really matter the specifics of it. I personally am taking the approach of sugar free syrup rather than real maple syrup, Country Crock vegetable oil spread rather than butter, whole wheat bagels, english muffins, pasta, and such. I am also using Greek yogurt instead of traditional yogurt. All of these save on calories, sugar, and fat.

I am really surprised that I haven't been hungry today. Knowing me, I was expecting myself to be very hungry. So here's to hoping everyday is as easy!

Good luck to all you others out there!

1 comment:

  1. I made the same changes you did. I use whole wheat or whole grain breads and I use light margarine instead of butter. I also use sugar free syrup. It is die hard habit from my diabetic days. It probably means we will feel fuller without the white carbs and that we will come in a little under the calorie limit.

    ReplyDelete