Monday, February 14, 2011
My son, after his Friday checkup, developed a fever on Saturday. He didn't get any immunizations though so we just began to treat the fever and came on home Sunday. Well, I am in the hospital. Have been here since Sunday night and not looking to be able to go home for another day or two. My little man developed a fever, that at it's peak was 104.2 degrees. He was admitted to the hospital where they've done a flu test, checked his wbc, and are now waiting the results (which takes 24 hours) to see if he contracted rotavirus or salmonella. He has an iv and is getting round the clock pain/fever meds and antibiotics. This week, I've no doubt, will not be a great one. I am here, and not leaving him, in the hospital. I will get back to everyone when we are are out and back home.